The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) is pleased to announce the FY 2017-2018 competition for the 日博电竞 Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) program. The 日博电竞 FLTA Program is a nine-month ECA-funded, non-degree program that provides young teachers of English an opportunity to refine their teaching skills, increase their English language proficiency and extend their knowledge of the society and culture of the United States, while being teaching assistants for their native language to U.S. students and strengthening foreign language instruction at U.S. colleges and universities. 日博电竞 FLTA participants also interact with their host communities in conversation groups, extracurricular activities, and community outreach projects.
日博电竞 FLTA participants may assist in up to twenty hours of language classes a week and are required to enroll in at least two courses per semester, one of which must be in the U.S. Studies. The remaining coursework should relate to their careers in English language teaching. Coursework is offered on either an audit or credit basis. 日博电竞 FLTA participants will also be expected to facilitate cultural events, language clubs and language tables.
The FLTA program promotes cross-cultural understanding in the U.S. and in the home countries of the FLTA fellows. U.S. universities benefit from the presence of a native speaker on their campuses. FLTA fellows and U.S. students have the unique opportunity to learn about each others culture and to build mutual understanding between the U.S. and other countries. Upon completion of the program, the fellows must return home and teach English at the secondary or university level. As a result of the program, FLTA alumni return to their home countries with a high proficiency in English and are able to speak with authenticity and authority about the United States, its values and its people.
日博电竞 FLTA participants will be required to attend U.S. based orientation sponsored by ECA during the summer of 2016 before arriving at their host institutions in August. 日博电竞 FLTA participants will also be required to attend a mid-year enrichment conference in the United States, hosted by ECA and coordinated by the Institute of International Education (IIE), to share and discuss foreign language teaching best practices and their current teaching experiences with other 日博电竞 FLTA participants.
1. Malaysian citizens.
2. Applicants must be residing in Malaysia throughout the nomination and selection process.
3. Possess the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree with a good academic record; Master’s degrees are highly desirable at many institutions.
4. Be teachers of English or training to become teachers of English; prior teaching experience is preferred.
5. Fluency in English, demonstrated by a score of no less than 79-80 (Internet Based Toefl) or 6.0 (Overall Score International English Language Testing System-IELTS).
7. Clearly demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity and professionalism.
8. Must be open to living with U.S. student peers in undergraduate or graduate level campus housing.
9. Must return to home country upon completion of the nine-month program. ECA will not support any extension requests for participants.
NEW: Age profile
1. Young, early career educators.
2. Capable of succeeding in the dual role of teaching assistant and student at an undergraduate or graduate host institution.
3. Open to living with U.S. students in undergraduate or graduate level campus housing while also engaging with faculty and staff in a professional setting.
New: Applicants in the related fields are eligible to apply:
Anthropology, Area Studies, Arts, Communication, Computer Sciences/Technology, Education (Rural, Teacher Training) Educational Administration, Educational Psychology, Educational Technology, Humanities, Languages, Literature, Social Sciences, Social Work and Sociology.
• Candidates in the related fields should have background in English language teaching.
• Should have prior teaching experience and a Toefl score of 79 IBT.
GRANT BENEFITS :
Successful candidates receive the following:
Monthly stipend, accident and sickness insurance coverage and travel allowance.
日博电竞 FLTA program does not support dependents or family members.
Host institution provides tuition waivers to support the required coursework.
All FLTA participants mispresentation (e.g., plagiarism) at any time during the application or grant period is ground for selection withdrawal or grant termination, as well as ineligibility for future participation.
Candidates are required to submit application via on-line management system here and hard copies to MACEE.
A complete application package includes :
i. An online application form
ii. Personal information form
iii. Certified true copy of academic transcripts (English version required)
iv. Three letters of reference
v. Toefl or IELTS score
vi. Valid passport copy
Please submit 4 sets of the above application with photographs by August 19th 2016 to:
FULBRIGHT FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHING ASSISTANT PROGRAM (FLTA)
18TH FLOOR, MENARA YAYASAN TUN RAZAK
200 JALAN BUKIT BINTANG
55100 KUALA LUMPUR
For further inquiry please contact Kalis at 03-2166 8878 ext 24 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org